Thursday, February 08, 2007

February 8:: Nouakchott, Mauritania

February 8:: Nouakchott, Mauritania :: 0km / 2284km total

Final rest day here in Nouakchott. My lower lip and sunburned nose are almost healed, or at least healed enough to be ready to ride. I spent much time yesterday and today shoring up my route down through Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, and Guinea, and I've decided to skip Senegal's capital, Dakar. There's not a lot to really see or do in Dakar and its not reported to be the most amiable of cities, and quite pricey to boot. I will spend a bit more time in Gambia, beaching it and picking up the onward visas there that I was going to get in Dakar. Lots of sleep today, good food, my legs are humming and anxious to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger hotheaded said...

no pics of mauritania?

what gives?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Graham Durrant said...

there are a few in the Sahara pics page.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home