Tuesday, February 06, 2007

January 31 :: Echtoucan, Morocco

January 31 :: Echtoucan, Morocco :: 172km / 1378km total

A late night working on the bike gave me a dubiously short sleep, but off I rolled early early. The road is just endless, and if it wasn't for the kilometre markers I might go crazy. A few of the passing motorists drive along at my speed, beside me, chatting - traffic is very very light. The Belgians, Dutch, Swiss, and Germans are the most friendly, overall. The French... well...

The first 135km of the day was completely devoid of any habitation or stores, so I stopped at 75km for chocolate chip cookies, from a package with the Cookie Monster on it. C is for Cookie, and thats good enough for me! Overall a slight tailwind, but I went through a small sandstorm for about 10km. The billowing sand stung and bit into my exposed skin, but the road eventually turned with the wind, and all was peaceful afterwards. A late lunch at 135km, and by the 160km mark things were getting raggedy. I pulled into a gas station at Echtoucan and the friendly staff set me up in a private prayer room for the night. Only a towel-and-a-sink shower tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home