Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 24 :: Guelmim, Morocco

January 24 :: Guelmim, Morocco :: 0km / 566km total

Its only 11:30 a.m. as I write today's entry, but there won't be much to report for today, anyways. I decided late last night to take today off, just to be on the safe side, ankle-wise. It will be a quiet day of reading, iPod, stretching, and preparing for an early departure tomorrow. Reading materials are terribly difficult to find, everything being in Arabic and French. I found a store selling about 20 English books, all classics, so it'll be Huckleberry Finn or Shakespeare for me. There are lots of rotisserie chicken vendors, quite yummy, and most of them call a quarter chicken with fries a "Kentucky".

Temperatures are a little cooler now, up on the Saharan plateau, low 9C, high 20C. Perfect for cycling, really. As I head Southwest for the next thousand kilometres or so I'll pick up the Saharan Harmattan wind, a tailwind in the direction I'm going, which will make the flatland cycling even easier. And yes, I planned it that way!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheop's sister said...

You're probably cruising along with the Harmattan at your back at this very moment, ankle-pain free but cursing me for bringing up the candy cigs! Feel free to request a pack be sent to you asap. And heaven forbid there should be too many dark moments but add me to the list of people you can call if you ever need to hear a voice from home.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home