Friday, January 19, 2007

January 19 :: Inezgane, Morocco

January 19 :: Inezgane, Morocco :: 2km / 430km total
Out the bus window, the end of the Atlas mountains

Stir craziness got the best of me today and I decided I needed a change of scenery. I rode the 2km through downtown Marrakech back to the bus station (ankle tender, but not sore) and hopped on a bus to Inezgane. Bikes are easy and almost free to take on buses here, so why not... and buses are cheap to begin with. Not a fun bus ride, though, as most aren't, but this one had the added excitement of the bus running out of gas. As well as passengers throwing up all over the steps, next to where I was sitting. The bus had no shocks and only passable brakes... on the long descent out of the mountains the back of the bus filled with the smell of burning rubber (from the rear wheels hitting the frame) and smoking brake pads. At least the scenery OUT of the window was pleasant.

Inezgane seems to be a typical hustling; bustling Moroccan town. Between here and the Sahara lie the Atlantic towns of Mirleft and Sidi Ifni... probably a nice stop before I enter the true desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home