Monday, March 12, 2007

March 12 :: Faro, Portugal

March 12 :: Faro, Portugal :: 29km / 4350km total

The end of the road. Sigh.

I woke up feeling very lazy, and for good reason, the end of my bike trip was only 29km away in Faro. I fly out of Faro tomorrow night, actually in the wee hours of the 14th, for a 24 hour blast through London, before flying home. The morning was very cold, having dropped down to around 5C last night - don't believe all those Algarve tourist brochures pushing Southern Portugal as a Winter beach destination - its not. Someone should make the travel agents pushing such nonsense jump into the cold Atlantic with a 15C air temp... then see what they think. Having oodles of time I waited until my checkout time of noon, and a pleasant 18C, before hitting the road.

I tried to take it easy, but my body was on a push-push-push cycling autopilot, ingrained in the last 4000km, that I couldn't break out of. Too soon I was in Faro, checked into a guesthouse. I scouted out a bike box from a bike store (pickup tomorrow morning... inshallah). That gives me a night, a day, and a night in Faro to... relax!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home